In recent times, monitoring our health has become increasingly important. With the evolution of technology, we can now track our vitals and other health parameters using our smartphones.
One such parameter that has gained significance amidst the COVID-19 pandemic is our oxygen level. In this article, we will discuss how you can check your oxygen level using a mobile app.
What is Oxygen Level?
Oxygen level, also known as SpO2 (peripheral capillary oxygen saturation), is a measure of the amount of oxygen in your blood. It is an essential parameter used to determine whether your body is receiving enough oxygen or not. A normal oxygen level typically ranges from 95% to 100%.
Why Check Oxygen Level?
Low oxygen levels can lead to various health issues such as shortness of breath, fatigue, confusion, and even organ damage in severe cases. Monitoring your oxygen level regularly can help you identify any potential issues and take appropriate action before they escalate.
How to Check Oxygen Level Using a Mobile App?
There are several apps available on both Android and iOS platforms that allow you to check your oxygen level using just your smartphone camera and flash. Here are a few popular apps that you can try:
- Pulse Oximeter – Heart Rate & Oxygen Monitor App: This app uses your smartphone camera and flash to measure your pulse rate and SpO2 levels accurately.
- Oxygen Saturation Monitor: This app also uses your smartphone camera and flash to measure your SpO2 levels quickly.
- Oximeter – Blood Oxygen Monitor: This app provides accurate readings of both pulse rate and SpO2 levels using only the smartphone’s camera.
Step-by-Step Guide to Check Oxygen Level Using Mobile App
Here’s how you can check your oxygen level using the Pulse Oximeter app:
- Download and install the Pulse Oximeter app from Google Play Store or App Store.
- Launch the app and place your index finger on the rear camera of your smartphone. The camera should be covered entirely by your finger.
- Ensure that the flash is turned on, and tap on the ‘Start’ button to begin measuring your oxygen level.
- Remain still until the measurement is complete, which typically takes around 10-15 seconds.
- The app will display your SpO2 level along with other vital parameters such as pulse rate and respiratory rate.
In conclusion, monitoring your oxygen level has become increasingly important in today’s world. With mobile apps such as Pulse Oximeter, you can easily check your oxygen levels using just your smartphone. Regularly monitoring this parameter can help you identify any potential health issues early on and take appropriate action before they escalate.