If you’re someone who loves to click pictures with your smartphone, then you would know how important it is to edit those pictures before you share them online. And with so many editing apps available on both Android and iOS, it can be overwhelming to choose the right one. In this article, we’ll take a closer look at some of the best editing apps available on mobile devices.
Snapseed by Google is a free-to-use app that comes loaded with a variety of features and tools.
It allows users to adjust brightness, contrast, saturation, and other settings in their photos. One of the most impressive features of Snapseed is its brush tool that allows users to selectively adjust specific parts of their images.
- Free: Snapseed can be downloaded for free from both Google Play Store and App Store.
- User-Friendly Interface: The app has a simple yet intuitive interface that makes it easy for users to navigate.
- Powerful Tools: Snapseed comes loaded with advanced tools like Selective Adjustments and Healing Brush.
- No Presets: Unlike other editing apps like VSCO or Lightroom Mobile, Snapseed does not offer any presets to its users.
- No Clarity Tool: The app lacks a clarity tool which can be disappointing for some users who prefer this feature.
VSCO (Visual Supply Company) is another popular editing app that has gained a lot of popularity among photography enthusiasts. The app offers several presets (known as film simulations) that can give your pictures a vintage or film-like look.
- Presets: VSCO offers several presets that are loved by users around the world.
- User Community: The app has a huge online community where users can share their edits and get feedback from other users.
- Advanced Tools: VSCO comes loaded with advanced tools like HSL (Hue, Saturation, Luminance), Split Toning, and Grain.
- Paid Subscription: While the app is free to download, most of its presets and advanced tools require a paid subscription.
- No Selective Adjustments: Unlike Snapseed, VSCO does not offer any selective adjustments tool.
3. Adobe Lightroom Mobile
If you’re someone who’s already familiar with Adobe’s editing software on desktops, then you’ll love Lightroom Mobile. The app offers all the features of its desktop counterpart in a mobile-friendly interface.
- Synchronization: Lightroom Mobile allows users to synchronize their edits across multiple devices.
- User-Friendly Interface: The app has an intuitive interface that makes it easy for users to navigate.
- Preset Marketplace: Users can purchase or download presets created by other users from the in-app marketplace.
- Paid Subscription: Most of the advanced features of Lightroom Mobile require a paid subscription to Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Steep Learning Curve: The app can be overwhelming for new users who are not familiar with Adobe’s editing software.
Choosing the right editing app for your mobile device depends on your personal preferences and needs. If you’re looking for a free app that offers powerful tools, Snapseed is a great choice.
However, if you prefer presets and want to join an online community, VSCO is the way to go. And if you’re already familiar with Adobe’s software and don’t mind paying a subscription fee, Lightroom Mobile is the most powerful editing app available on mobile devices.
Regardless of which app you choose, make sure to experiment with different settings and filters to find your own unique style. Happy Editing!